Additional Fees for Irregular Packages
* Packages dimension is restricted to length + width x 2 + height x 2 less than 130 inches，and longest side less than 108 inches
* Please avoid below weight and size. There will be significant fees for oversize packages, and some oversize packages are not shippable. Please use actual price quoted.
- Weight equal or over 70 lbs
- Longest side equal or over 48 inches
- The second longest side equal or over 30 inches
- Irregular non-rectangular packages (such as luggage, bags, wood boards, and other irregular shapes).
- Shipments with declared value over $2500
- Destination address in out-of-delivery area；Please see international air shipping out-of-delivery chart to find if the address is in out-of-delivery area -->
Using Corrugated Box
Please use (Heavy-Duty + Double-Wall)
Where to buy these boxes:
You can purchase these Heavy-Duty + Double-Wall online。Please go to below online stores and search for heavy-duty and double walled boxes. Please understand that we cannot guaranteed that these links will always lead to the correct boxes, so please double check and make sure you are purchasing the correct boxes - these links are subject to be changed as online companies frequently update their websites.
Shipping with Luggage (do not lock)
- Please measure the (L x W x H) of the luggage from the wheel to the handle. Please be sure to provide actual measurements from the widest/longest/tallest points, as a luggage could be stuffed to the point that it can change shape.
- Please note that we are not responsible for wear and tear to luggage, such as scratched surface, fallen parts, damages to handles, wheels, and zipper.
- There will also be additional handling fees for a luggage.
- Lotion (for medical use, entry permit/license will be needed)
- Pharmaceuticals (You will need to apply for entry permit/license)
- Vitamins (There is regulation limiting quantity and weight. Please consult with Canadian customs for detail)
- Milk Powder/Baby Formula (There is regulation limiting quantity and weight. Please consult with Canadian customs for detail)
- Tobacco, alcohol, and any dangerous/hazardous goods
- Perfume, nail polish, and nail polish remover
- Coffee beans and seeds
- Items such as cash, vouchers, necklace, earrings, jewelries, pearls, gold, diamond, and others. Batteries/flammable items
- Batteries/flammable items
- Spray, corrosive cleaning agents, gas
- Pornographic magazines, pirated discs
- Weapons, knives, and others
- Any items not allowed by the Canadian customs
- Quote form for air shipping must be in English; The value of the items shipped will need to be listed. If you are shipping brand new items, we strongly recommend that you report the actual value. The information you provide on the quote form will be used to insure your shipment with the shipping company and declare content and values to Customs.
- Please be sure to check each nation’s customs and regulations before shipping. We are only an agent and will not be held responsible for any legal liabilities or duties incurred. You will be fully responsible if you ship any illegal items and for any duties imposed by Customs.
- Please be sure to provide accurate information when filling out the quote form. Shipping documents are based on the information you provide on the quote form. The customer is to be fully responsible for any delays, additional fees, or duties incurred due to inaccurate information. We will also charge a service fee of $50/box to customer for documentation correction.
- Air shipping companies use laser technology to measure boxes from the boxes’ widest, longest, and tallest points. All decimal points are to be rounded up, and calculation will be based on both volumetric weight and actual weight.
Please confirm by email if you have decided to ship after receiving a quotation. Payment (both shipping fee and deposit) must be cleared before shipping:
Shipping fee (Online transfer, Credit Card, or Paypal)
Deposit (Credit Card / Paypal）
Deposit will be refunded when the carrier invoices Charlene Transport and the shipping weight matches. Typically, this will be a month after you have received the package. If customer’s credit card is canceled when issuing a refund, there will be a 6% surcharge. We recommend that you use a credit card that you will not be canceling two months after you ship.
- Please provide us with payment receipts for both shipping fees and deposit deposit, and let us know when you’d like the pickup appointment:
- Monday-Friday 8AM-7PM. The appointment will usually have a 4 hour window. Charlene Transport will not be able to make an appointment at a precise time, but will do our best in getting a small pickup window for you.
- Pickup service are not available on holidays.
- If pickup window does not work for you, please label the boxes and drop off at the carrier’s location.
Rush Shipments (Same Day or Next Day Pickup):
* Before a pickup appointment can be made, payments (both shipping fees and deposit) must be paid in full and payments must be cleared by the bank.
* If packages need to be picked up on the same day or next day, the customer is to pay both the shipping fees and deposit by credit card (there will be a 6% fee).
Other things to note:
- Before your package is picked up, please take photos of the boxes and their contents.
- After sticking the labels on the boxes, please use a Sharpie to write down the tracking number on the boxes.
- Please write down the receiver’s name, address, and phone number in the destination nation’s official language.
- Full refund will ONLY be issued if the request is made within 24 hours AND before we send you shipping labels. If we have sent you the shipping labels, even if the request is made within 24 hours of confirmation, a full refund will NOT be issued.
- Once we have sent you the shipping labels or after 24 hrs, we will charge a $50 processing fee.
- Under all other conditions, there will be no refund, but you could use the credits up to 6 months.
- U.S to Canada shipping takes about 2-4 business days. However, custom clearance could delay shipment
- We will provide Tracking Information，so you can track the packages. We do not guarantee arrival time of your packages. If you are in a rush, please take the items with you when you travel. We will not be responsible for any fees incurred due to shipping delays.
Custom Clearance Documents
* Please sign all documents, and mail or hand the documents to the carrier.
- When shipping personal effects to Canada, please make sure you declare your packages at the very first entry point (airport, port, bus stop, border station, or other entry points). We will not be held responsible for problems resulting from your failure to declare packages.(Sample)
- Please note that in cases of customs clearance delay, 4 business days after arrival at the port, there will be storage fees. Please clear customs as soon as possible to avoid storage fees. We will not be responsible for storage fees, as these fees are not part of the shipping fee.
- Charlene Transport will use reputable third party carriers to ship (such as DHL, FedEx, UPS, EVA, China Air, AAE, and others) and provide discounted rates for these carriers. However, every country has its own customs regulations, and Charlene Transport is not a custom broker. Please work with the third party carrier with any importation and documentation issues. Charlene Transport will not be able to work with any carrier offices that are outside of the USA in cases of delays caused by custom clearance. Please understand that customers will have to be responsible in contacting third party carrier for delays caused by custom issues and for any duties.